James My spouse and i. Evan
14 January 2
Ms. Jean Wh
Origins & Purpose
• Formed following the Titanomanchy (War of the
• Created to be a meeting and house place for
the 12 Olympians
The Twelve Olympians
• Zeus, king from the gods, goodness of the atmosphere,
lightning, oklahoma city, law, purchase and justice
• Hera, queen from the gods, empress of relationship
The 12 Olympians
• Poseidon, Zeus's brother, our god of the oceans,
earthquakes and tidal waves.
• Hestia Zeus's sis, goddess with the hearth,
family, and domestic life
• Demeter, Zeus's sister, empress of virility,
agriculture, characteristics and periods
The 14 Olympians
• Apollo, Zeus's son, god of light, the sunlight, healing,
trouble, art, music, poetry, archery, manly junior,
• Ares, Zeus's child, god of war, physical violence, and
• Hephaestus, Zeus's son, blacksmith from the gods.
He is the god of fireplace and the move
• Hermes, Zeus's kid, messenger of the gods. He can
the goodness of business, thieves, and games
The Twelve Olympians
• Athena, Zeus's little girl, goddess of wisdom,
handicrafts, defense, and strategic warfare
• Artemis, Zeus's daughter, goddess in the hunt,
virginity, archery, the moon, and animals
• Aphrodite, Zeus's daughter, empress of love,
beauty, and desire
• Attach Olympus includes Zeus's tub
• In which Zeus keeps his famous lightning
bolts, spear, shield, and bald eagle
• Located at the peak of Mytikas
• Where the Olympians often had intense
conversations about men
• Relevant in Indio, Jain and Buddhist religions
• A sacred mountain with five peaks recognized to
be the dwelling place of gods
• Functions similarly to Mount Olympus
Relevance in Culture
Two areas that Greek mythology and traditions has inspired and transformed over time are psychology and medicine.
Another area which was influenced simply by mythology is language. Many words in the English language are produced from the myths of the Greeks. For instance, the word " arachnid" is the scientific name for any spider. This is derived from the storyplot of Arachne.
• I would wish to bring back know-how about
each of the Olympians that might be capable to
clarify many of the misconceptions and
misunderstandings of these
• I would really prefer to be able to display others how it is
to be in his campany their favorite god or empress from
Burkert, Walt, Greek Religious beliefs, Wiley-Blackwell, 1991.
Chadwick, Ruben, The Mycenaean World, Cambridge University Press, 1976. � Dowden, Ashton kutcher, " Olympian Gods, Olympian Pantheon", in A Companion to Religion, Daniel Ogden publisher, John Wiley & Kids, 2010.
Evelyn-White, Hugh, The Homeric Hymns and Homerica with an English Translation by Hugh G. Evelyn-White. Homeric Hymns. Cambridge, MOTHER., Harvard College or university Press; Birmingham, William Heinemann
Hansen, Bill, William N. Hansen, Traditional Mythology: Strategies for the World of the Greeks and Romans, Oxford University Press, 2005.
References: Burkert, Walter, Ancient greek language Religion, Wiley-Blackwell, 1991.
Chadwick, John, The Mycenaean World, Cambridge University or college Press, 1976. �
Dowden, Ken, " Olympian Gods, Olympian Pantheon", in A Partner to
Religion, Daniel Ogden editor, David Wiley & Sons, 2010.
Hansen, William, William Farreneheit. Hansen, Classical Mythology: Helpful information for the
World of the Greeks and Aventure, Oxford School Press, june 2006.
There are so many significant things to remember when ever playing racquetball…watch the ..